University of Opole / Faculty of Philology
English Philology, full-time MA study programme
Level of study: second-cycle Form of study: full-time
Fields of studies and specializations
from 2017-04-24 to 2017-07-17 23:59:59
Limit of students
Studying at English Philology
Our MA graduate programme offers the opportunity to grow and interact in a challenging academic environment. Studying English Philology at MA level, apart from developing practical language skills at a high C2 proficiency level of CEFR for languages, encompasses deepening students’ knowledge of selected specialist fields in one of the following seminars:
- Literary studies
- Cultural studies
- Applied Linguistics: Teachers’ training specialization
Full information on study programmes is available at www.ifa.uni.opole.pl in the ECTS folder. The detailed descriptions of the seminars can be found at www.ifa.uni.opole.pl/show.php?id=136&lang=en&m=3 or http://www.ifa.uni.opole.pl/show.php?id=32&lang=pl&m=1
Students who choose applied linguistics with teacher training specialization gain additional qualifications for teaching English at all educational levels.
MA studies finish with an MA defense and an MA degree.
What makes a difference at the University of Opole?
- friendly and professional attitude of academic teachers towards their students
- modern lecture rooms in the newly renovated historical building of Collegium Maius equipped with modern audiovisual technology;
- modern library and reading room offering access to an extensive collection of Anglo-Saxon literature (more than 37 thousand volumes devoted to various aspects of culture and language of English speaking countries and 100 titles of journals and magazines devoted to teaching);
- modern computer room with several stands.
Student affairs, options for development, exchange and scholarship
Our students can enroll in a student exchange programme Erasmus offered by Opole University, which allows for studying abroad for a semester or two, developing foreign language communication skills, learning about culture of a foreign country and gaining professional knowledge via a foreign language.
What are future career prospects after the studies?
Our students finish their studies with strong communication skills in English in writing and speaking, ability to search for information in various sources, to analyze and synthesize information, and to work effectively both independently and in teams. They are well prepared for a career in, for example:
- translation and interpretation bureau
- public relations
- publishing houses
- advertising agencies
- fundraising organizations
- commercial, corporate or other business institutions
- research institutes
- schools at all educational levels
- many other fields that require good knowledge of English and liberal arts education.
The students who did not choose the teacher training specialization at MA level studies can enroll in additional teacher training post-graduate studies also offered by Opole University.
International students need to check the tuition fee here: www.bnwz.uni.opole.pl
For general information and enquiries please contact:
You can find further information on the recruitment dates and procedures here www.ifa.uni.opole.pl
You can apply for English Philology MA studies if you have a BA degree in Philology – neophilological specialisations. In case you are undergraduate of English in Public Communication or other humanistic studies, you need to prove your command of English that will ensure your linguistic expertise at C1 level.
After submitting their applications*, the candidates will be interviewed by tutors. The admission will be based on the results of that interview.
*The application form is available at http://www.ifa.uni.opole.pl/show.php?id=32&lang=pl&m=1
The application for a particular specialist seminar should contain the following points:
- Name of the specialist seminar
- Name of the candidate
- BA level studies confirmation – place and date of graduation
- Title of BA diploma paper – if applicable
- 100 word summary of BA diploma paper, in points – if applicable
- Candidate’s academic interests regarding the themes related to the selected seminar
The application form must be sent to the following address firstname.lastname@example.org within the recruitment dates.