Studying at English Philology
Our MA graduate programme offers the opportunity to grow and interact in a challenging academic environment. Studying English Philology at MA level, apart from developing practical language skills at a high C2 proficiency level of CEFR for languages, encompasses deepening students’ knowledge of selected fields of philological studies. The students may choose to follow one of offered academic paths and pursue their MA thesis in: Literary studies/Cultural studies or Linguistics/Translation studies. MA studies finish with an MA defense and an MA degree. Graduate studies also prepare candidates for doctoral studies in a similar field.
Full information on study programmes is available at www.ifa.uni.opole.pl in the ECTS folder. The detailed descriptions of the seminars can be found at http://ifa.wfil.uni.opole.pl/english-philology-graduate-studies/
What makes a difference at Opole University?
- classes scheduled for 15 Saturdays and selected Sundays only
- friendly and professional attitude of academic teachers towards their students
- modern lecture rooms in the newly renovated historical building of Collegium Maius equipped with modern audiovisual technology;
- modern library and reading room offering access to an extensive collection of Anglo-Saxon literature (more than 37 thousand volumes devoted to various aspects of culture and language of English speaking countries and 100 titles of journals and magazines devoted to teaching);
- modern computer room with several stands.
Student affairs, options for development, exchange and scholarship
Our students can enroll in a student exchange programme Erasmus+ offered by Opole University, which allows for studying abroad for a semester or two, developing foreign language communication skills, learning about culture of a foreign country and gaining professional knowledge via a foreign language.
What are future career prospects after the studies?
Our students finish their studies with strong communication skills in English in writing and speaking, ability to search for information in various sources, to analyze and synthesize information, and to work effectively both independently and in teams. They are well prepared for a career in, for example:
- translation and interpretation bureau
- public relations
- publishing houses
- advertising agencies
- fundraising organizations
- commercial, corporate or other business institutions
- research institutes
- many other fields that require good knowledge of English and liberal arts education.
The annual cost of studying at English Philology in the 2019-2020 academic year is as follows:
I year MA
II year MA
The annual fee may be paid in eight equal monthly installments, from October till May, by the 10th of each month.
International students need to check the tuition fee here:
For general information and enquiries please contact:
Institute of English
pl. Kopernika 11a, 45-040 Opole
tel. +48 77 541 59 23
For foreign candidates:
Office for International Study Programmes
Katowicka 87B, 45-061 Opole
tel. +48-77-452 72 92
Wymagania rekrutacyjne: konkurs dyplomów
O przyjęcie na studia mogą ubiegać się absolwenci studiów pierwszego stopnia kierunków filologicznych ze zajomością języka angielskiego na poziomie C1.
|Ocena z dyplomu studiów pierwszego stopnia||1|